5/22/2020 (COVID-19 Update 16)
Greetings Bothell Health Care Community,
Please be advised that Bothell Health Care has no active cases of COVID-19 at this time. Rest assured, our staff will continue to follow CDC guidance which includes placing residents with suspected COVID-19 or who have experienced recent known exposure to the virus on appropriate Isolation Precautions. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your loved one, please call the facility at 425-481-8500 and speak to one of the following:
Jennifer Alcantara, Director of Nursing
Ansu Cham, Assistant Director of Nursing
Katharine Oleksa, Staff Development Coordinator / Infection Preventionist.
Helen Ashley, Director of Social Services
Resident Care Managers (please ask our receptionist to direct you to the appropriate RCM.)
All staff continues to receive ongoing education and communication from our leadership teams, and our residents receive regular updates and support. We continue to reinforce infection prevention techniques, and have clear protocols for staff to stay home and not come to work if they are ill or symptomatic. In addition, our nurses continue to monitor each resident closely and communicate regularly with our Medical Director regarding any potential concerns. For further information on Coronavirus, we recommend visiting the helpful websites of LeadingAge and the CDC.
Thank you very much for your continued support during this time. We encourage you to continue to schedule Virtual Visits with your loved ones and reach out to our staff with any questions and concerns. We will continue to keep you updated on any important process updates.
Katharine Oleksa, RN, Staff Development Coordinator
3/20/2020 COVID 19 Update 6 of 6
Bothell Health Care continues to actively monitor the coronavirus situation to ensure we are taking all appropriate measures to protect our community, residents and employees.
To date, there have been no reported cases resulting from coronavirus in our facility, and residents and employees are receiving ongoing communication updates from our leadership teams. As a precaution, our healthcare team, in cooperation with state and local partners, has been diligent in enacting precautions within our community. We are continuing to reinforce infection control procedures.
Staff has been trained on the symptoms of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), CDC recommended infection prevention techniques, and have clear protocols for staff to stay home and not come to work if they are ill or symptomatic. We have also requested that at this time, residents and families cooperate with the following changes:
1. Until further notice, all laundry for residents will be managed by facility housekeeping staff only.
2. Until further notice, no outside food which is not professionally prepared or pre-packaged may be brought into the facility for residents.
3. If professionally prepared/pre-packaged food, or other items (such as new clothing, toiletries, books, etc.) are brought to residents from outside of the facility, please have the person delivering those items contact your Resident Care Manager or the Social Services department to schedule a drop off date and time.
Please note the following additions:
4. When dropping off items for your loved ones, please do not attempt to enter the facility. Simply use the facility doorbell or call the facility at 425-481-8500 to alert staff that you have arrived with items to drop off. Once a staff member is alerted, leave your delivery next to the main entrance door and a staff member will retrieve items in order to disinfect and/or bag them prior to bringing them into the building.
5. Bothell Health Care is not responsible for lost or damaged items left outside unattended.
In conjunction with these efforts, our residents and staff have been urged to follow the recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for preventing any viral respiratory illness within their community, including regular washing of hands, practicing good cough etiquette, and advising sick employees to stay at home if they exhibit signs of the virus. Social distancing is an important precaution during this time, and we appreciate your cooperation with these safety measures.
We greatly appreciate your support while we ensure the safety of all of our residents and staff. We will provide updates of any changes in operation or as new information is available. For the latest information and resources about the coronavirus, as well as tips on finding community resources for support, we recommend visiting the following helpful websites of LeadingAge and the CDC.
The news about the spread of this disease is concerning to us all. We at Bothell Health Care hope you are staying healthy, finding safe ways to connect with your community, and are receiving the support you need. We wish you well during this difficult time and encourage you to reach out to us if you have any concerns or questions.
Julie Bingman, Administrator